WBG is continually looking for scientists, engineers and technicians in a variety of areas of expertise including crystal growth, wafer polishing and characterization.
We offer an excellent benefits package including performance bonuses, a 401K program with substantial match, company health and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays and more.
Interested candidates should forward a current resume and cover letter to:
Attn: L. Unick
PO Box 840
20 Chapin Road, Suite 1007
Pine Brook, NJ
Open Position: Operations Engineer
An Exciting opportunity to work for a fast growing company that is a market leader in the Silicon Carbide Semiconductor industry: II-VI Incorporated provides a comprehensive career development platform within an environment that challenges employees to perform at their best, while rewarding excellence and hard-work through a competitive compensation program.
The Wide Band Gap (WBG) Division of II-VI Incorporated invites highly motivated, experienced Operations Engineers to apply for a position with our Operations Management Team. The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating the overall process flow by working with various teams and solving problems utilizing Six-Sigma tools. This position will report to the Operations Manager at the Wide Band Gap Division headquarters located in Pinebrook, New Jersey.
Education / Experience:
- Monitor overall process to assure process and product quality are maintained, that yields and efficiencies are maximized, that scrap and waste are minimized and that safe practices are employed
- Supervise production activities to assure productivity is high and that lead-times and backlogs are maintained at optimal levels
- Manage multiple projects using Six-Sigma tools
- Supervise product flow to fulfill customer orders and business needs
- Work with a team of engineers to monitor the capacity and capability and make appropriate adjustments to meet both current and projected demands
- Work with management team to ensure process and product development goals are understood by all WBG team members
For a Successful Career at II-VI You Will Need:
- Bachelors Degree in Material Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years in the Semiconductor Manufacturing/Equipment Development
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of Semiconductor production processes, ability to break a product down from a cost perspective
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing training/certification preferred
- Strong computer skills to include: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Project and general database administration
- Ability to multi-task and work closely with multiple teams including R&D, Quality, Sales and Marketing
- Strong technical insight and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present technical data to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and commitments to deliver results
We offer an attractive salary and an excellent benefits package designed to attract and retain individuals willing to accept the challenge and risk associated with being part of a successful company. Our benefits include a company-wide bonus incentive program, medical, dental and vision insurances, 401K program with a substantial match, profit sharing program, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, vacation and personal time, paid holidays, stock purchase program, computer purchase program and more!